The President of Georgia State University bestows the title, Emeritus, on faculty and administration who have distinguished themselves through research, teaching and/or service with ten or more years of honorable and distinguished service.
The Association provides Emeriti opportunities for intellectual, creative, and social connections with each other through events of interest at the University and in the communities served by the University. All emeriti are encouraged to stay connected and to be active in the Emeriti Association.
Current information on the Retiree Health Exchange
Emeriti Member Benefits
- Panther card with Emeriti faculty designation (Auxillary Services)
- GSU free parking at attendant serviced lots (show Panther card)
- Retain use of personal GSU email account (request to College IST manager)
- Retain name/Emeriti status on person/faculty registry (request to Dept./College)
- Access GSU technical courses through e-training
- Ticket discount on Rialto events
- Discount at Landmark Diner, Downtown location only (show Panther Card)
- Access to library and all its benefits including Special Collections, 8th floor and digital archives of faculty/staff publications
- Register for college level (credit or audit) courses through GSU-62 program
- Negotiate, with Dept/College and in compliance with Board of Regents policy, arrangements for research, teaching and/or service